Re: Column seperators.

From: Paul Baumgartel <paulb_at_pcnet.com>
Date: 1996/01/20

Eamonn Turley <Eamonn_at_albancom.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>When exporting an oracle-7 table(or sub-set of) to a text file, all
>the columns have a space separating them.
>Does anyone know how to tell it not to put the space in?
>This is being run on a Vax/VMS system, but as it's probably
>controlled by a standard oracle command, I guess that's
>not important!
>--
>Eamonn Turley

If by "exporting" you mean using the EXP utility, what you say makes no sense. You cannot alter the format of an export file. If, however, you are spooling the output of a query to a text file by using SQL*Plus, you can control the separator character via SQL*Plus command. See the manual for details.

Paul Baumgartel, Principal Consultant              paulb_at_pcnet.com
Adept Computer Associates, Inc.