Re: Struggling with OCI :-<

From: Remi Delcos <remi.delcos_at_brossco.fi>
Date: 1996/01/17

In article <30FBFEF7.584B_at_bearriver.com>, Allan Hoeltje <ahoeltje_at_bearriver.com> wrote:

> I am developing a Macintosh C++ app that uses the Oracle Call
> Interface to do simple INSERT and SELECT commands.
>
> 1) the oermsg() function never returns a text message no matter
> which version of the error return code I give it.

If you are using CodeWarrior and MPW OCI libraries, your have to bracket your OCI includes with pragmas that tell the compiler the functions defined should use MPW calling conventions:

   #pragma mpwc on

      #include "ociapr.h"
   #pragma mpwc reset

You could also set to whole project to use MPW calling conventions from the preferences, but that is not what one usually wants.

Remi Delcos
Brossco Systems Oy Received on Wed Jan 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message