Re: help on killing sessions in oracle

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/01/17

Your Question had to do with finding a runaway Oracle process, ie, an Oracle process who's application had bit the dust.

Our shop has some queries I wrote that duplicate several of the functions performed by SQL*DBA. By joining the v$session and v$process tables you can get a list of the database server process numbers (PID in UNIX) and the source machine name, and process number. You can figure it out from there manually and should be able to write a clean up script that will kill the Oracle process if the application process is missing. I hope this helps, but I am unfamiliar with PB4 and only know of NT by reputation.

Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow

  • so follow your own advise.