Re: Exporting a fixed length file...???

From: Noah Monsey <noah_at_indirect.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 21:11:03 GMT

Rick Ewing (ewing_at_mail.vhp.vanderbilt.edu) wrote:
: I'm a bit of a novice to the world of Oracle, but I'm wondering how any of
: you export a fixed-length
: text file (versus something tab delimited) out of a standard Oracle
: utility. There are ways
: of course to futz around with this in client software, but I'd like to be
: able to direct my Unix
: machine to do this automagically under cron. Can it be done? How?

: --Rick Ewing
: Vanderbilt University
: ewing_at_vhp.vanderbilt.edu

: --
: --Rick Ewing (ewing_at_mail.vhp.vanderbilt.edu)
: Vanderbilt Health Plans, Vanderbilt University
: The Harvard Group, Inc.
: "I could be arguing in my spare time."

The best way that I know of is to use an sql+ script. I have used this method to export to dbase3,dbase3+,dbase4,Pcfile,and MS Access. I will email you an example. I don't know how you can run it from cron. You might trouble running it from cron because of the enviorment variables.

Noah Monsey
noah_at_indirect.com Received on Fri Jan 06 1995 - 22:11:03 CET

Original text of this message