Re: Good oracle book

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 06:51:53 -0700

Nick Akabude wrote:

> Please can any body suggest to me any good oracle book to get started as a
> beginner. However, I have been working with SQL Server 2000 for the past
> three years and want to begin to learn Oracle PL/SQL - seen it is now
> predominantly more requested
>
> Thanks and God Bless

The book is advanced for Oracle but invaluable since you are coming from SQL Server. Purchase a copy of Tom Kyte's "Expert one-on-one Oracle" and read the first three chapters and gain experience with the examples until you "get" it.

Then put the book down and pick up with one of the basic Oracle Press books and Tom's "Effective Oracle by Design".

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu