Bad bind variable - Oracle Reports v. 9i

From: Amy Herrmann <aherrman_at_mhp.mercy.net>
Date: 20 Feb 2004 13:16:30 -0800

[Quoted] Hello all -

I've just started using Report Builder today, so go easy on me. I'm trying to suppress a field with null values. Got this example from the program documentation:

function M_G_DEPTNO1_HDRFormatTrigger return boolean is begin
if :count_detail=0 then
return (FALSE);
else
return (TRUE);
end if;
end;

This is my actual code:

function B_ADDRESSLINE1FormatTrigger return boolean is begin
  if :count_detail=0 then

          return (FALSE);
  ELSE
          return (TRUE);
  end if;
end;

After compiling, I get the REP-0730 error message, "REP-0730. The following bind variable is not defined: COUNT_DETAIL".

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Amy Herrmann
aherrman_at_mhp.mercy.net Received on Fri Feb 20 2004 - 22:16:30 CET

Original text of this message