Re: too long SQL*plus query ?

From: Matt B. <gtimatt_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:08:41 GMT

"George" <argeo_at_4u.net> wrote in message news:a42827b0.0107250057.1ab6cd24_at_posting.google.com...
> There is no real error message, which makes things
> more strange.
> I only get a simple "2", and I have to press Enter
> to get back to the SQL*plus command....

Am I right in understanding that you are having this problem in the entry of your SQL statement and not as a result of running a SQL statement? That is, is it the input that's giving you the problem or the output?

If it's the input, simply break your query onto multiple lines - your SELECT clause need not be all on the same line.

-Matt Received on Thu Jul 26 2001 - 03:08:41 CEST

Original text of this message