Forms 4.5 and 6 at the same time

From: Brian <bdmills_at_lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:59:57 +0100

I've been tasked to develop a Forms 6.0 application which is nearing completion. This is my first Forms application, so I've no experience of Oracle deployment.

Now I've been told that the application will have to be hosted on a Windows Terminal Server that is currently hosting another application which was written in Forms 4.5. There is no hope in the near future of upgrading the 4.5 application to 6.

[Quoted] My question is can 4.5 and 6 exist on the same machine without crashing each other, preferably with the same Oracle Home? If so, is this a strainghtforward thing to do - my files living in ..\forms60\.. or whatever, and the other application living within its directory structure?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Cheers

Brian Received on Tue Jul 24 2001 - 18:59:57 CEST

Original text of this message