Re: Using sequence.nextval with OCI

From: Joost Bataille <bataille_at_ic.uva.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:54:57 GMT

Hello Mike,
your 'somesequence' could be created with an increment of 20. Or it is created with a cache of 20 wich is meant to make it faster, AFAIK. These 20 numbers are stored in memory for the duration of the session. If the session is closed, the numbers are lost. Try to recreate your sequence with the nocache option and don't supply an increment option.

create sequence somesequence
start with <the right value!>
nocache

Greetings, Joost