Re: PL/SQL, VB

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:57:38 GMT

It's not an opinion, it's a religion.

Just like I've never understood why people would want any editor other than vi <g>

Ultimately, all programs and programming languages have some sort of [perceived] deficiency. The original choice is usually foist on us - politics, money, organizational standards, whatever. We learn the appropriate work arounds as well as get a comfort level and proficiency. After that, retraining seems like regression; restartng at the point where we ned to learn new workarounds.

Besides, without opinion/religion, we'd never have the pleasure of flame wars.

/H

monkeyboy wrote:

> Everyone has an opinion about everything, including what other people should
> code in it seems.
>
> "Scott Mattes" <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Delphi (for Windoze) and Kylix (for Unix) are better choices, i.e. not toy
> > programming languages (let the flames begin!).
> >

> > "monkeyboy" <brego34_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O) solves the ODBC headaches easily and gives
 the
> > > VB programmer a solid way of connecting to Oracle.

 Developer