forms and the sql propery of a query

From: Scott Mattes <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:14:52 GMT

In reports 6.0.8.12.1, is it possible to get at the value of the SQL Query Statement property of a query?

What we need to do is to change the value of a header text field if ANY of the records in the report query contain a certain set of values. So, there could be 1,000 records for the report, but only one of them contains that certain value, but if even one does we have to change that header text field to say something else.

I was wondering if it is possible ( and how to go about it ) to get to the Query's SQL Query Statement property in the before report event. Then we could modify it to report if any record would match and then set that text field.

Alternatively, I was wondering if it is possible to loop through the result set of the report's query to examine field contents, in the before report event, and then reset the result set so that the report could use it.

Thank you. Received on Tue Jul 10 2001 - 19:14:52 CEST

Original text of this message