Migrating to Oracle

From: Joos <Joos_at_knuut.de>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 14:31:55 +0200

Hi,

I'm working with a Lotus Notes/Domino database (in LN with 10 forms - variations of 1 parent/1 daughter, 50 fields including 4 rtf - and 30 views, 50k records). Editors and endusers are distributed globally.

It seems that oracle dbs could be used/integrated into the existing LN system to store the content in external dbs. Could in this case editing still be done in LN ?
This would allow to have maximum flexiblity without needing to develop completely new interfaces for the editors and endusers. In addition I guess that layout adaptions are faster and easier to do in LN and, if it is unavoidable to switch to Oracle / SQL server, there would be more time to develop a new Oracle interface for the editors and endusers.

Which tools are known and reliable to migrate the content to a relational db system?

Finally, if a completely new program has to be done in Oracle, how long would it take to program a fully functional system?

Joos Received on Sun Jul 08 2001 - 14:31:55 CEST

Original text of this message