Re: 10.2.0.1 trace uncommitted inserts

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 28, 4:08 pm, Tiago <diariodastril..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I have an application written in .net, I have only the .exe, not the
> source. It keeps processing data from an external source and inserting
> on a table, but sometimes I can't see the data on the table. Sometimes
> it inserts, sometimes doesn't. Vendor is taking too long to figure
> that out, since the message that get inserted look like exactly like
> the one that doesn't :( I suspect it is trying to commit but something
> wrong happens. App log doesn't show any error, external data source
> says it sent the data correctly, App log says it received, but nothing
> is inserted.
>
> Is there a way to trace uncommited inserts? I would try to check if
> the insert is happening at all, perhaps the App log isn't catching
> something that could be a big error...
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Tiago

If you are really running on 10.2.0.1 ( not 10.2.0.4 or 10.2.0.5 ) then some really bad things could be happening with a ton of unapplied oracle maintenance.

An Oracle 10046 trace is the usual recommended definitive way of tracing what is going on with an application.

Can you work with a dba resource to get a trace done for you? Received on Thu Apr 28 2011 - 16:39:49 CDT

Original text of this message