Re: Impdp - Full Database

From: Bill <billshatner71_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 13:52:21 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Mark, for replying.

What I did was used DBMS_METADATA to get all the sequence source. Ran an import with triggers disabled and brought in the structure. No constraints or indexes or stats.
Then ran the data in, then re-enabled triggers and brought in the indexes and constraints.
Seemed to work fine, except the java classes are invalid. That was all before I read your reply. Your method looks more streamlined. I'll give it a go.

I think I'm right in saying that impdp deals with fk constraints differently to import. Certainly, I couldn't figure out a single import way that worked before for a full database or maybe I've just been making it needlessly difficult.

Regards,
Ed. Received on Sun Jul 04 2010 - 15:52:21 CDT

Original text of this message