same application on multiple schemas

From: Alberto <alberto.roller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 02:38:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I'm designing a new big application.

The application will be instantiated for multiple users. Each application must have its own "database", or schema, Oracle speaking.

Every schema should have separate datafiles in its own application folder. Databases will be on a disk array, in common with multiple database servers.

I would like to be able to separate schemas so much so that, when needed, a schema can be detached from a database server, and attached to a new one.

Is this possible ? What is the best way to do that ?

I come from the microsoft sql server world, and here each database (the schema in oracle) can be detached and attached with ease. I'm looking for the same in Oracle.

any help or suggestion is really appreciated! Alberto Received on Fri Apr 10 2009 - 04:38:48 CDT

Original text of this message