Re: Oracle 10g TAF Vs FAN

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:09:02 -0700

Ravip via DBMonster.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the area of services configuration to get the maximum availability the TAF
> / FAN configuration by default it is TAF. Can any body help me to get the
> difference between TAF and FAN.
>

> Thanks in advance.

The question you should be asking is TAF and FCF.

FAN is messaging ... essentially AQ technology being used to message between various high availability components.

The two transparent failover technologies are TAF (Transparent Application Failover) and FCF (Fast Connection Failover). You will find the docs describing them if you go to www.psoug.org. Click on Links and then follow the High Availability.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington