Re: Oracle 10g TAF Vs FAN

From: Ravip via DBMonster.com <u36659_at_uwe>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 04:08:03 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
>The question you should be asking is TAF and FCF.
>
>FAN is messaging ... essentially AQ technology being used to message
>between various high availability components.
>
>The two transparent failover technologies are TAF (Transparent
>Application Failover) and FCF (Fast Connection Failover). You will
>find the docs describing them if you go to www.psoug.org. Click on
>Links and then follow the High Availability.

My aim is to "evenly distribute the work load" to both nodes on my RAC. As of now only 1 node is fully loaded and the other just 2% or 3%. To enable this what configuration change should I make ? I have configured the services based on TAF policy. The first node is preferable and the second node is available.

Since I'm doing this for the first time, I need your expertise on this. I would like to do the workload balancing between the nodes. I believe the following areas configuration change to be made.

  1. Listener configuration.
  2. connection string of application provided in the middle tier.

Please give a birds eye view on this configuration part.

Thank You.