Re: catpatch.sql

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob--nospam--_at_dynamicpsp.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 16:52:04 +0400

"Cris Carampa" <cris119_at_operamail.com> wrote in message news:4469b008$0$984$5fc30a8_at_news.tiscali.it... If I:

Do I need to run catpatch.sql against the newly created database?

No. However, if you applied any CPU on top of the patchset before creating the database (and I strongly recommend to apply the latest available for your release and platform,) you need to run

$ORACLE_HOME/cpu/CPU{Mon}{YYYY}/catcpu.sql

(where {Mon} is CPU release month and {YYYY} is release year)

against newly created database because CPUs are not automatically included in db creation scripts.

Hth,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Tue May 16 2006 - 07:52:04 CDT