Concurrency Issues with ASM on CX500/EMC and RAC

From: <andkovacs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 May 2006 12:16:11 -0700

We are having some sort concurrency issue in our RAC environment using ASM.
Database and ASM are running Oracle EE 10.2.0.2

We have 3 LUNs set up on our CX500 for data. ASM is handling these LUNs for the RAC environment.

When we read the LUNs on a single node the performance is around 90MB/s.
When we read the same LUN (but different blocks) from a second node the performance drops down to 10MB/s.

It seem that either ASM or the CX500 is not able to handle concurrent requests to the same LUN.

When we have two processes reading the same LUN from the same server the performance is around 130MB/s!

Is there somebody who had similar issues with ASM or a CX500 ? Received on Mon May 01 2006 - 14:16:11 CDT