Re: 8.1.7.4 standby database - missing some log files???

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 May 2006 12:13:05 -0700

>check that dest2 has complete files.

My requirements have changed a bit; I'd forgotten how we do things in Prod, and it's a little different:

Every hour, to conserve disk space, we take log files that are over 10 minutes old, zip them up, and move them to a different directory. So the full log stream includes the compressed files, plus the most recent, uncompressed ones.

What I will try to do is alter the routine that does this, to rcp each log file to /dest2 before it is compressed and relocated. This may result in some files being overwritten, but I do not think that is a problem in this case, as it's simply a duplicate log stream anyway - and, it will all but guarantee that I won't have a gap in the log sequence at the recovery end.

I will also attempt to create a routine that does a checksum before the files are rcp'd, and verify that checksum at the other end.

Once each recovery process completes, I'll remove all log files from /dest2, as they will no longer be needed.

That _should_ work. There's obviously a few ways to skin this particular cat, but I agree that verification of any file copies is very wise.

BD Received on Mon May 01 2006 - 14:13:05 CDT