Re: what sort of dba can you get for 100K nowdays

From: gbarbour <gbarbour_at_csc>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:53:40 +0100

 > Is it too much to ask for 100K salary? I don't consider myself an
> oracle genius, nor do I don't mean to 'bash' the people I interviewed,
> but would these not be the basics for even a Jr. DBA? is 100K not even
> a Jr. DBA salary anymore (the position is in NYC).

Compare!
With apologies to the Scotsman and Napier University. Here is a typical DBA job showing renumeration; for Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city.

    DBA Analyst
    £22,776 to £26,471 pa (That is about $45,000 of your American Dollars).    NAPIER UNIVERSITY
   Edinburgh
   Communications & Information Technology Services    IT Support
   Post 1 - DBA Analyst
   Supporting our Corporate Information Systems,    you will ensure services and projects are delivered in a customer focused way,

   minimising on- going support.
   Educated to degree level or, exceptionally, with substantial relevant experience,

   you will have worked as a DBA for at least two years and have experience of ORACLE

   and one of the following - SQL Server RDMS, UNIX (HPUX/ Solaris), Linux or Windows Operating Systems.

   You must be able to work effectively under pressure, document work, have project experience and be customer focused.

I can only dream of $100,000 DBA jobs over here. And yes, the cost of living in Edinburgh is high.
Shabble. Received on Mon May 01 2006 - 04:53:40 CDT