number <-> number(x,y) foreign keys: performance impact ?

From: G Dahler <gd-nntp3_at_spamex.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:53:49 -0500

I rand a script to check the health status of my database and it reports a problem with some foreign keys where the referenced columns and the referencing columns are of a different data type.

My question is:

Does oracle have to do conversion between a number column and a number(x,y) column ?

If so, that means that my joins are not optimal.

Thanks. Received on Fri Feb 24 2006 - 11:53:49 CST