Re: Slow inserts with Oracle 10g

From: Clemenza <clemenza_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:37:46 +0100

Hello David,

you are right, but I tought maybe tere are some special trick with Oracle 10.

So the more concrete situation:
The HW is the same of course. It means a SUN server with 16GB RAM and 2x1.1GHz UlraSparc CPU and 145GB SCSI HDD.

The old Oracle was 8.1.7.4 and the new one is 10.1.0.2 As the server is quite big, and our test is not a stress test besides this we can't mix Solaris 8 with Oracle 10 too easy (because some other parts of the system which are not affected in the test). The tables have only 4-8 number and varchar fields. So I think 16GB RAM   should be enough to insert ~10-20MB of data.

That's it.
Clem