Re: Anyone checked out Oracle Express Edition? It's free, although limited.

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2005 15:28:57 -0800

When I try to register, it takes me through a couple of screens ending with one that shows:

Thank you for registering for the private Oracle Database XE Discussion Forum hosted by Tom Kyte. A confirmation email containing the Forum URL should arrive shortly.

Please note: If you have not received a confirmation email within 24 hours, please verify that the account under which you registered contains a valid email address. If it does not, please create a new account and then re-register.

When I go to OTN, I'm still signed in with my account that I've had since the last century. Ohhhhh... when I go to the forums, I'm a guest. I click sign in, and now it is there on the discussion forums page. Wow, wish they would have sent the email. This SSO stuff is too strange.

Thanks Hans!

Whoa, can't believe they're even contemplating not allowing archivelogged recoveries...

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20051104/news_1b4guidant.html