packages need for replication

From: bob <bshahali_at_bevertec.com>
Date: 3 Nov 2005 14:29:13 -0800

Hello there,
I am trying to do an advance replication between 2 machines. I am trying to replicate the contents (tables) belonging to a specific user on instance A located on machine 1 to an instance B on machine 2. I am runnig to scripts on each machine to do this task. the first script will Setup users, DB Links and schedules for Oracle Advanced replication and the second one will Define replication groups with replication objects Run on Master Definition site only. After runnig the second script on machine 1 I get the following errors:

BEGIN dbms_repcat.drop_master_repgroup('ESPLINKGRP'); END;

*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded ORA-04067: not executed, package body "SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_UTL" does not exist

ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_UTL4", line 2837
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_MAS", line 2660
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REPCAT", line 635
ORA-06512: at line 1

and this error massage pops when I am trying to execute the following package:

execute dbms_repcat.drop_master_repgroup('ESPLINKGRP');

all the other packages within this script will generate errors similar to the above. I believe the major issue is that machine 1 is unable to find SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_UTL. This package is a system package so I don't know if I can import it on my machine. Please let me know how can fix this error.

Regards,
bob Received on Thu Nov 03 2005 - 16:29:13 CST