Re: How to Setting up JDBC

From: GeoPappas <PappasG_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2005 06:19:32 -0800

<< I heard of JDBC Thin Driver which does not requires Oracle Net components?
Is it true? >>

I will assume that you know Java since you are trying to use JDBC (Java Database Connectivity).

In general, there are four types of JDBC drivers (Type 1 thru 4). IMHO, the easiest to use is the Type 4 (aka Thin) Driver. You don't need to install anything (outside of Java). With the other drivers, you usually have to install client software (which is just another layer of complexity).

To use a Type 4 driver, you just need to write Java code and include the correct packages.

Here are some useful links:

http://www.devx.com/tips/Tip/13586

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_faq.htm

http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Oracle/DBA_tips/Java/JAVA_30.shtml Received on Thu Mar 31 2005 - 08:19:32 CST