How to Setting up JDBC

From: dd <dd_at_dd.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:34:34 +0800

I am a complete newbie to Oracle (and has started learning right now).

I just installed Oracle 9iR2 into my server machine. What are the minimum configuration steps I should do to setup the JDBC drivers in the client machine? Where to obtain the drivers? What configuration required in the server? What options are available so that I can start accessing database in my client machine with the minimum knowledge in setting up Oracle's network.

I heard of JDBC Thin Driver which does not requires Oracle Net components? Is it true? What configuration is required?

My knowledge on Oracle's network is null and appreciate any advice on which volumn/chapters of online specification that I should start reading to get the related info for setting JDBC?

Thx for any help. Received on Thu Mar 31 2005 - 07:34:34 CST