Re: Generic code for looking at pl/sql stored procedure arguments

From: <lambu999_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2005 14:29:37 -0800

Jeremy,

If I understand what you are saying, you want to record the name of the procedure as well as the *value* of the arguments with which it is called - every time the procedure is called. I assume you want to do some kind of auditing on every call.

One thought comes to my mind: How about adding a small piece of code in the beginning of the procedure itself to record the arguments into your audit table. Alternately you can create a small generic procedure (say, record_arguments) and call the generic procedure from your original procedure with the arguments with which your original procedure is called. i.e. call record_arguments from original procedure. record_arguments in turn can write the information into your audit table.

I dont know about the possible issues with this case though. Hope others will point out if there are potential issues with this idea.

Ram.