Re: SQL Server 2005 - Still not upto it

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:12:13 -0000

Mark D Powell" <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com> wrote in message news:1110919612.865818.22150_at_l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Interesting article but a couple months back Infoweek carried an
> article that stated that the beta version was missing the optimizer.
Meaning what, that there was no optimizer, in which case I'd not believe the article.
That it was the sql 2000 optimizer, in which case I'd not believe the article - the read-committed level wouldn't work, period.

That it was not the completed optimizer, in which case the article is probably correct, but is stating that the beta software currently available isn't the final product.

Like others, I'd like to see the article.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA