Re: DB2 UDB or Oracle (who has better support)

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 04:57:07 GMT

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:58:51 +0000, Shabble wrote:

> But, since Oracle outsourced to Elbonia, the call times have massively
> increased due to language problems.
> More and more companies are doing this, but Oracle seems to have used the
> cheapest bunch of back street sweatshops of them all, allegedly.
> Grump..!

They probably got the Elbonian version of Baldrick to work for them. And he usually does have a cunning plan. Sometimes, I wonder whether I would be better of if he or she didn't reveal it to me. Some of the usual punchlines are:

Sir, I recommend you to immediately upgrade to 10g. Your problem is solved in Oracle 10g.
(Yeah, right! Oracle 10g is bug free? I thought that 9.2 is still a supported product?)

Sir, why are you not running the latest release of the database? Do you have plans to upgrade to the latest patchset?

(I do. I also have plans to win the lottery. It's not my database, really. My employer actually owns it. He has to approve an upgrade.)

Sir, you should download RDA and run it. I cannot look at trace files if they were not produced by RDA.

(You [EXPLETIVE] [EXPLETIVE] [EXPLETIVE].....!)

--
A clean tie attracts the soup du jour.