Re: DB2 UDB or Oracle (who has better support)

From: Shabble <gbarbour_at_baesystemsdotcom>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:58:51 -0000

> One thing that I can tell you is that Oracle Support sucks. I am trying to
> get them to remove invalid CSI for two months, so far without success. By
> calling them on the phone, one can experience the full delight of
> outsourcing to Elbonia. Occasional phone contact with Oracle Support will
> leave you full of invigorating and intense hatred while asking yourself
> whether you've done something evil in your previous life to deserve that.
> If you were good, washing your teeth and eating your spinach, you will be
> left in a maze of the phone system with inevitable "listen carefully
> because our menus have changed" and waste approximately 45 minutes of your
> life. That is considered being lucky. Speaking to a live person can
> actually be much worse.

I concur;
A prerequiste for dealing with Oracle Support now, is to learn a phonetic alphabet. everything needs to be spelt out. They don't understand me I don't understand them, probably an accents thing. We used to be supported from England, we got the same engineers time and again, and got to know them;
this led to very short problem resolution times. But, since Oracle outsourced to Elbonia, the call times have massively increased due to language problems.
More and more companies are doing this, but Oracle seems to have used the cheapest bunch of back street sweatshops of them all, allegedly. Grump..!
Shabs. Received on Thu Mar 03 2005 - 03:58:51 CST