Re: So what if 8i is outta support ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:57:28 -0700

Joel Garry wrote:

> companies and how they handle staffing. In reality, people need to
> know their data and know their cow-orkers, and

Thank you for that misplaced hyphen. I've been looking for an excuse to post this for months. Replace the 'X' with any corporate name.

The 'X' Song (to the tune of "My Favorite Things")

  White-badged old codgers who stonewall and block you   Wide-bodied harpies who'd just as soon clock you   The money they make for obstructive tirades   Is nothing compared to what I'm getting paid.

  Endless dull meetings, some lesser some greater   Decisions are made and reversed a week later   Ten minutes of coding crammed into each day   I don't deserve half of my rate of pay.

  When the specs change
  When the scope creeps
  When I face the 'X' crowd
  I simply remember what I'm being paid
  and then I just laugh out loud.

  Dinners at Rover's and four dollar lattes   A house on the Island, his and hers Maseratis   A view of the lake, and a cute teenage maid   I'm almost embarrassed by what I'm being paid.

  When my stocks fall
  When my wife shops
  When I feel the tax man's sting
  I simply remember what I'm being paid
  And then I just yell 'Ka-ching'!

PS: Rover's is the finest French restaurant in Seattle. And thank you Scott Adams for adding Ka-ching to the language.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington