Fail Safe Installation Question

From: Gerold Krommer <g.krommer_at_doremove.fns.co.at>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:05:31 +0200

Hi all,

I'm not totally clear about the Fail Safe Installation instructions.

The manual seems to recommend that the Oracle Software should be installed twice (local to each node of a 2 node cluster) , with the database being on a shared disk.
While this is the MS way of doing it, it is not the way I'm used to it on U*Xes, where the software is also on a shared disk.

Therefore all maintenance work has to be done twice (e.g. applying patches, upgrading the software-not the database,etc.).

Is my reading of the recommendation correct and will the Oracle Installer recognize the fact that e.g. a patch has to be applied to another node and do it? I believe SQL Server SP installation does it.

Just checking,

/gerold Received on Thu Oct 21 2004 - 04:05:31 CDT