10G - editing SPFILE

From: Charlie Edwards <charlie3101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Oct 2004 11:09:19 -0700

I had 8i running fine on my PC (XP home). I loaded SP2 and hey presto - it doesn't work.

No problem, a good opportunity to load up 10G

But it eats memory like anything, so I decide to lower the sga_target.  Trouble is now I get:

"Specified value of sga_target is too small, needs to be at least 24M"

and I can't edit the SPFILE manually as Oracle won't start complaining it's corrupt or something.

So have i got to reinstall, or what. And are there any tips on how I can minimise the memory requirements (till i buy some more). I don't want anything fancy, just the database.

Cheers

CE Received on Wed Oct 20 2004 - 13:09:19 CDT