Re: What is the size of arc files

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 09:42:30 -0500

umeshoracle_at_yahoo.com (U C) wrote:

>Hi All,
> I would like to know few things from about different log files:
>
>1) What is the size of arc file. When it creates new files and what is
>the maximum size that it can have.
>
>2) What is the size of trc files. When it creates new files and what
>is the maximum size that it can have.
>
>3) What is the size of core folder and how many files can be in each
>core folder and of what size.
>
>4) If i am having nearly 250000 transaction a day then what will be
>size of my arch, core and trc.
>
>suggestion will be of great help to me.
>
>Regards
>Umesh

What version???

Impossible to tell..It depends on too many factors..

Are the transactions all insert/delete/update or just select...? What are you tracing ( what trace level?) What components ( Java, OLAP, etc) are you including in the installation ( if that is what you mean by the Core folder..)

Time to read the Concepts manual for ideas on how to estimate these ( or the DBA handbook) Received on Wed Oct 06 2004 - 09:42:30 CDT