Deploying a fully integrated system

From: Gabo <gabo22003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2004 10:00:55 -0700

Hello,

This is a general question, we are getting ready for a major overhall of all of our systems into an integrated system. We have backends in Access,Excel and Oracle, different client-based front ends, tables that need to be denormalized and nothing currently talks with anything. The departments affected are numerous.

My question is how do I begin to tackle this problem. Are there any books or articles that would help me? Which issues do I tackle first? Do I need a DataFlow chart of old and new system? We will be using Oracle as our backend and we have a JAVA front-end program that we will be using for most of this integration which hasn't been totally designed yet.

What steps should I follow to help ensure success of the project.

Thank you for any suggestions Received on Thu Jul 22 2004 - 12:00:55 CDT