Re: oracle8i and oracle 9ir2 on the same unix host

From: Dennis Bieling <dennis.bieling_at_epigenomics.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:03:51 +0200

> Check the installer logs, you'll find that it's either looking for a
> file that's not there, or, it's unable to write to the inventory. I
> ran into this last week. Fix that problem in the log and you should
> be set.
>
> HTH,
> Pete's

Hello!
I have checked the installer logs and run into the following problem: In the Error Log I can find several java file not found messages all looking similar to :

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/mnt/raid/0/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/oraInventory/Components21/oracle.swd.oui/1.7.1.8.0/context.xml (No such file or directory)

The directory 'Components21' does not exist, but a directory called 'Components' but it also does not have the files the installer is looking for.

What might I do to get the installation process running ?

Thanks in advance

Dennis Received on Mon Mar 29 2004 - 23:03:51 CST