Re: Copy database?

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pl>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:47:34 -0000

> I need to create a copy of my existing database as part of a migration
> process. However, it can only be run on the same server so I need to
change
> the SID. The database is about 100GB and running on an NT4 server.

Well, if both version of Oracle matches and all database files are stored in one
folder (under NT as far as i remember control files , initiolization files and data files are in one folder as default) you might try to copy only that folder. I succesfully moved database that way.
First install new database, shutdown it, overite database files and try to start it.
It worked fine but version of Oracle was 7.3.4

--
Noel