Administrator / domain user differences Oracle9i

From: rdmw <rdmw0001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2003 07:25:36 -0700

Hi,
I just installed Oracle9i on my pc (Windows XP pro). I have the following problem. I can only create a database when I am logged on as the Administrator user locally on my pc. When I logon as a different user that is part of a domain, I can't create any database and testing the connection using the Net configuration assistant failes (ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel). The domain user is part of the administrators group and ORA-DB group but that doesn't seem to help.

Can someone tell me why I can only create/connect to a database as Administrator user and not as a user (with administrative rights) that is part of domain. How can I solve this ? As you may have figgered out, I am pretty new to Oracle.

Regards,
rdmw. Received on Fri Sep 26 2003 - 09:25:36 CDT