Re: Administrator / domain user differences Oracle9i

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Sep 2003 10:07:12 -0700

rdmw0001_at_yahoo.com (rdmw) wrote in message news:<a2d2dfb0.0309260625.e152926_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> I just installed Oracle9i on my pc (Windows XP pro). I have the
> following problem. I can only create a database when I am logged on
> as the Administrator user locally on my pc. When I logon as a
> different user that is part of a domain, I can't create any database
> and testing the connection using the Net configuration assistant
> failes (ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel).
> The domain user is part of the administrators group and ORA-DB group
> but that doesn't seem to help.
>
> Can someone tell me why I can only create/connect to a database as
> Administrator user and not as a user (with administrative rights) that
> is part of domain. How can I solve this ?
> As you may have figgered out, I am pretty new to Oracle.
>
> Regards,
> rdmw.

3 methods:

  1. read the platform-specific concepts and release notes. http://otn.oracle.com/documentation/oracle9i.html
  2. logon to an account that has membership in the local group ORA_DBA if you have sufficient privileges, you can add a domain group to a local group, or add a domain account into a local group.
  3. set the parameter sqlnet.authentication_services=(NONE) in the file %ORACLE_HOME%\Network\Admin\sqlnet.ora this will force the use of password authentication, and not authenticate the user against the operating system.

hth.

Pd Received on Sun Sep 28 2003 - 12:07:12 CDT