Re: Fed Up with being a DBA

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 16 Sep 2003 12:23:49 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1063722199.940900_at_yasure>...
> Noons wrote:
>

> >Too true. But I think it needs to have at least a solid foundation. So
> >it won't *need* to resort to profit. I've been racking my brains
> >for years trying to figure out a way of achieving it. Short of getting
> >a religion, a party, a charity or a union involved, I see no
> >other way of doing it. Someone better than me will find one, I'm sure.

I've forgotten: what was the reason we couldn't just takeover IOUG?

> The medical board had its Board of Directors meeting last week so I
> won't be able to find anyone for a week
> or two, they are all on vacation. But I will find out how they got their
> start and get back to you. Others have
> successfully done it. And in the area of medical boards I can tell you
> there was obviously no industry sponsorship
> because there is no "industry" that benefits: Just the patients.

That's totally wrong, legal and medical communities both benefit greatly by limiting entrance. It just happens to be all the in-crowd that benefit, rather than a particular corporation. It's not necessarily a bad thing, although developments with insurance in recent decades seem to be breaking the system, and in the US at least, turning it corporate. Also, a lot of it is government driven, even with "no" socialized medicine/law.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.lsbme.org/history.htm