Re: DB Server and Application server on Same Hardware

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:40:31 +0200

On 12 Sep 2003 12:22:59 -0700, chandra_2000_us_at_yahoo.com (chan01) wrote:

>I would like to know why Database server and Application server should
>not install on same hardware. I would be appricate if you can show me
>some articals.
>
>Thanks.

The articles are the whitepapers up on http://otn.oracle.com. Oracle advises expressly against doing it.

The rationale behind it is very easy to understand: both database server and application server are very resource hungry. They will be simply competing for resources on one server. If that is what you want, why don't you try it out?

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Sep 12 2003 - 14:40:31 CDT