Re: Personal Oracle 9i automatic startup

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 11 Sep 2003 02:16:56 -0700

maaher_at_hotmail.com (Maaher) wrote

> How can I prevent my Personal Oracle9i from starting automatically
> every time my computer is started? I'm running XP Pro. I'm a bit
> unclear about all the services that have been created for Oracle and
> I'd like to do this as clean as possible. Perhaps I just missed sth in
> the installation process...

Windows Control Panel | Administration Tools | Services.

Set the Oracle services from automated to manual startup.

If Personal 9i is not using NT Services (I last worked with a Personal Oracle version on Win95), then check:

BTW, last mentioned Registry key is a favourite hangout of virusses and trojans like MSBlaster.

--
Billy