Re: Direct Path Export vs. Conventional Path Export

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 06:20:03 GMT

"Burton Peltier" <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:Jte5b.1410$Z5.296_at_bignews2.bellsouth.net...
> After reading the replies to my original post, I am more concerned about
> BOTH direct and conventional exports.
>
> Although both have their share of bugs, I have used the conventional path
> for so long, I will stick with it.
>
> FYI... an interesting article in Metalink is at: Note:155477.1 "Parameter
> DIRECT: Conventional Path Export Versus Direct Path Export"

:) You've stuck with conventional export .. does not mean that you will never hit a bug in future versions. In most versions ... Direct path export is not any worse or better than conventional export in terms of bugs. You can easily test out if you are hitting a bug ... just export import .. and compare data in the two instances.

Of course if there is no need to speed up the export .. then why bother. .. and if you are critically relying on export as a backup .. then re-check your conventional option. How do you know you are not hitting a bug already :)

hth

Anurag Received on Wed Sep 03 2003 - 01:20:03 CDT