Re: Direct Path Export vs. Conventional Path Export

From: Burton Peltier <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:55:49 -0500

After reading the replies to my original post, I am more concerned about BOTH direct and conventional exports.

Although both have their share of bugs, I have used the conventional path for so long, I will stick with it.

FYI... an interesting article in Metalink is at: Note:155477.1 "Parameter DIRECT: Conventional Path Export Versus Direct Path Export"

--
"Burton Peltier" <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> I recently switched our export backups to direct path and was impressed at
> the performance boost.
>
> I did not set the recordlength (or buffer before with conventional path)
and