Re: Outrage that OCP exams are now unproctored - Comments?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:33:22 -0000

"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:aupvgr05cf_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> Bertram
>
> I've stayed out of this discussion until now because I didn't really see
> anywhere I could add value, but this is something I can help with. Having
been
> through the OCM exam, I can tell you it's VERY worthwhile, not to mention
bloody
> exhausting!

I'm assuming that you are saying that it s very worthwhile *as an educational tool*, as opposed to as a resume enhancing device. I'm sure that you are correct, I'm unsure if employers will see it that way.

Incidentally if people can get their employers to stump up for the training then that is most certainly worthwhile, even if the resulting certification leaves much to be desired. For me Oracle education, these newsgroups and the docs have been the best education around, and in approximately equal measure.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA