Re: import constraints and indexes only

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_nospam_odbaguru.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:12:20 +1100

Tom,

For indexes do an import with the indexfile=WhatEver.sql

To get a file containing all the constraints at the UNIX prompt do a {cat -v YourDumpFileName | grep "ALTER TABLE" > WhatEver.sql} I usually add a {| grep "PRIMARY KEY"} and {|grep "FOREIGN KEY"} after the {grep "ALTER TABLE"} as you need to do the primary keys first. You need to edit the resulting files and put a ; on the end of each line to make it runable by SQLPlus.

Note the {} brackets are around the actual bits of code and are not part of the code.

Running the contents of these files will not damage any existing constraints/indexes but will build any missing ones.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle Administration