Re: Help:Memory set for Solaris Box

From: Chris Forbis <chrisforbis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2002 19:15:01 -0700

I am more of a Win2k DBA, but...

If you see lots of paging and your cache hits are good, just lower the mem usage a bit and wait a few day, chekc again. Keep this up until you are happy with the results. Then just check ever one and a while to make sure you are still happy. Might also want to think about getting some more mem. for the server. Usally cheaper than the time it takes to get all the settings 100% :)