Re: Has anyone heard of a 64KB limit for ONE stored proc in Oracle 81

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:44:52 +0100

"Thomas Kyte" <tkyte_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:affa1a012ql_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> >PS. I found out that in order for users to create the docs and run them,
> >they *must have* CREATE_ANY_PROCEDURE and EXECUTE_ANY_PROCEDURE privs.
> >Oh dear !
>
> that is false as well. The owner of the procedure needs to simply GRANT
EXECUTE
> on that procedure.

I read Norman's original post as saying that (for some godawful and actually to my mind incomprehensible reason) the data was stored not in a table field of appropriate type but in the source of a procedure. One procedure for each document. So whilst it would be true that the owner of the procedure could grant execute to (say) public when they created the procedure/document it might just be 'easier' to grant create procedure and execute any to each user.

Of course I can't quite believe what I'm writing surely the app stores the data in tables and *accesses* the data from a single stored procedure. Surely.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA