Re: UNDO and Rollback tablespace

From: Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 27 Jun 2002 11:00:17 +0100 (BST)

David <davidlee_at_diamond.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
> I read the manual and know that in Oracle9i, there is UNDO tablespaace
>(instead of the rollback tablespace). Should I use UNDO in 9i? What are the
>disadvantages in using UNDO? It seems that there are so many advantages with
>UNDO tablespace.

I've recently opened an ORA-600 TAR relating to UNDO tablespaces in 9iR2, the workaround is to use rollback segments. Oracle Support have confirmed the bug exists and the workaround is correct.

I've no idea exactly what the issue is yet, or what you have to do to be hit by it, but I'd be very cautious about UNDO tablespaces in 9.2.0.1.0

--
Andrew Mobbs - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/